Monday, August 01, 2005

Time to come home...

The following day was a bit hazy but overall it was positive. Sure, I woke up with a mouth like Ghandi's flip flop and despite the first mirror I looked in reflecting back the classic black & white mug-shot of Myra Hindley, I was able to tame the hair, brush the pearlys, get some moisture into my gasping dehydrated pores and stumble into the kitchen of Cam's mum's house.

2 Lorne sausage in rolls later and a mug of tea, radiance once more beamed from me and I was ready for the day ahead.. Charlie materialized looking exactly the same as she did when she'd gone to bed - cow!, and we were soon on our way to Fraserburgh to collect my grandmother who had been mercilessly dumped there by my parents the previous Thursday - something about a staff reunion for all the women who had worked in this Rolls Royce engine factory during the war... I whisked her into the car and after a small pit-stop for the best tasting ice cream in the world bar none, we headed back the A98 for something a little short of 2 hours

After dinner in a local hotel and yet more alcohol, we crashed for the night... a short but busy day..

A significant conversation occurred between Charlie and my mother concerning me and my sexuality and this, I have to say, needs further investigation (!)

Thought for the day: I really do need to get my jaw wired!

No comments: